Our one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies you as an Adult MHFA Champion.
MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
When you complete the day you’ll get a certificate to say you are an MHFA Champion.