Our one day course qualifies you as a Youth MHFA Champion.
Youth MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues and how they can affect young people
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health in young people and guide them to a place of support
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- Why Youth MHFA One Day?
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Eating disorders
You will need a minimum of 8 people for this course and a maximum of 16. This is so we can keep people safe and supported whilst they learn.
The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. You will get a Youth MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
When you complete the day you’ll get a certificate to say you are a Youth MHFA Champion.